From The Complete List Of SJWs
Amber Scott is a writer at Beamdog. She has publicly expressed an objective of making "Social Justice Games" and was said to be responsible for the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear debacle.
- “I consciously add as much diversity as I can to my writing and I don’t care if people think that’s ‘forced’ or fake. I find choosing to write from a straight default just as artificial. I’m happy to be an SJW and I hope to write many Social Justice Games in the future that reach as many different types of people as possible.”
- “If there was something for the original Baldur’s Gate that just doesn’t mesh for modern day gamers like the sexism, [we tried to address that],” said writer Amber Scott. “In the original there’s a lot of jokes at women’s expense. Or if not a lot, there’s a couple, like Safana was just a sex object in BG 1, and Jaheira was the nagging wife and that was played for comedy. We were able to say like, ‘No, that’s not really the kind of story we want to make.’ In Siege of Dragonspear, Safana gets her own little storyline, she got a way better personality upgrade. If people don’t like that, then too bad.”
- "There’s also four new companions, one of whom is gay, one of whom is bisexual."
- The Struggle To Bring Back Baldur’s Gate After 17 Years
- I'm happy to be an SJW and I hope to write many Social Justice Games
See also Baldur's GateGate